Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

stars and wind

I'm walking around with this buzz in my head
the grey-feel of lethargy, at least from what I've read.
I've heard you sing thru the hallways of your apartment, and hum
In the morning when you go, and at night, home where you've come.
I know the rhymes that you make, I've heard you scoff at yourself,

Sometimes you think out loud when you make a mistake,
you say you are stupid, but let me give you a break.
I need, with that strength, that you give me to love.
And really there is no one as wrong, that I can think of,
as me, when I say that I am right(all the time!)...
You tell me I'm wrong, no fear in your plight
You know I will listen, that you won't lose this one
I hear no hesitation, nor an effort to run.

Keep singing that tune, I am waiting to hear.
A shift in the wind, made the curtains seem sheer.
I imagine you peeking out, to catch eyes with the sky
but the moon stays in your stare, its not your first try...
And I pretend to blend with the stars on my face-
the freckles that I have learned to embrace.

You once said they were your favorite thing,
like it was a flavor of vodka, or a diamond on a string.
I imagine you now, as I lay here and wait for sleep...
You smile when you hear me say "always, my sweets."

No comments:

Post a Comment