Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday Surprise!





 I meant to say I love you.

 I heard such a lonesome and sad word today
I heard it with a sigh, syllable spoken in a heartbreaking way.
It was meant to be forlorn and distant, like carried away by the seas
but for some reason, it sounded entirely acquainted to me..

This word has meant many things to my heart,
its been accepted, rejected, and scarred.
But I won't leave it, I just can't - you know?
It wouldn't be fair, to toss or let it go.

As if it means any less, when you've used it so much?
Does a compliment received, no longer make you blush?
Its been treated with disfavor, or ignored as just a myth.
At times misstated, or mistaken for greedy filth...

But I like it. And I'll keep it, and I'll give it to you.
Because I know just what your heart says,
and so you know, I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment