Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

While you cursed in torment, knee's up to your chest
you asked just for a breath & then pleaded for rest..
what else could I do, besides hold up your head
in patience just cradle, & feel the hope spread.

Your heart tried to give up on you so I said 'take a deep breath,
take another one - hold it - let go, now my friend.'

And your inhale was as strong as the day you were born,
you still hurt but you made it, a bit feathered and torn.
Still, thru day 1, and a full twenty four hours
you carried your vice, & still clutching your power...

The grey hours to follow, you may not remember
but to me, your life in that moment, I held most tender...
your memories, your love, the best things that make you
are invaluable, cherished to not just a few...

________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment