Pages

Friday, December 03, 2010

I Am... The Out Of Towner

The weekend before last I went to Port Angeles, to visit a friend who is gettin' hitched in January. Of whose wedding, I just so happened to be included! Can you say P-A-R-T-Y? 
Anywho... I drove out(on the windiest day of the year, I'm sure) to Ediz Hook, which is a large jette of non-connecting beach rock(& a 2-lane stretch of pavement) between this U. S. of A. and Good Ol' Canad-ia. The Coast Guard actually uses the end portion of the jette, which means you can only drive out til that point- it's STILL a ton of drive distance- maybe 2 miles!
So, it's FREEZING. And it's WINDY. And I'm only prepared with a sweatshirt/hood, and 
a single pair of thin knitted gloves that you buy in a 3-pack at the dollar store. OH and trying to operate a slim-lined Nikon, with TINY buttons; therefore not wearing the gloves during blasts of this glacial tempest. 

I found this beauty just waiting for it's close-up...
[sidenote: Can I please RANT about how much I LOVE the colors in this shot?! AND NO FILTER.]

Before I headed out tho, I thoroughly prepared for this(ha! Obviously.) and bought the BEST ginger bread cookie I've ever had in my life. 
HUGE: bigger than my entire hand- which granted is small- but that's big for a cookie ;) 
The cookie purchase was done at "The Buzz" my F.A.V.O.R.I.T.E. coffee place in the known-world-that-I've-explored-so-far! I hope to post more pictures soon of my Jette-Adventure, but this is all you get for now ;)

I braved the cold.
For about 10 minutes at a time.
IN THE BILLOWING GUSTS OF ARCTIC BREEZE THAT'S ABOUT ALL 
MY LITTLE FRIGID FINGERS COULD HANDLE!!!
And it made my eyes cry! 
I literally bent over to flip my hood back on, and I SWEAR 3 big teardrops fell STRAIGHT outta my eyes, without blinking at all. It was a bit....like Alaska...if I had ever been to Alaska-OK-MOVING-ONWARD!

Oh! Right. WHY I went to P. A. in the first place!
To buy a customized dress; to be dyed the color of my friends wedding.
Said color is... Burnt Orange. Terracotta to be exact!

Here's the dress ON:
[Yeah, I totally have that body, so it fits exactly like this... uhhh.. what? I heard something, over there...]

Here's the dress on the hanger:
Good thing you saw it ON, first right? 
Ha! I know it looks pathetic just hanging there. 
And so now it's being dyed "Terracotta." We shall see. I'm SUPER excited to see how it turns out!
Dancing. 
Now that's something I'm actually scared of. 
Friends say I will master the dance floor, and I'm fully preparing to 
humiliate myself rock out to the following songs:
The Underdog- Spoon
Poison- Bell Biv Divoe 
(YESSSSSSSSSSS! Watch out now!)
Anything else you suggest, that I request??
ANSWERS NOW... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnd GO!

Have a great weekend kitties!
You better be safe, and stay alive to be in Reading Attendance next 
Tuesday Treat Day, for a SPECIAL GUEST POST!!!

;] <3 Bex.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:42 AM

    u happen to have the number of that hottie in the dress in ur pics? she's fine. LIke! High Five!

    ReplyDelete