Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

...an oldie but a goodie...

Such a honeyed steady rhythm 
that day I watched you laugh there
I heard the way you sang that song for me,
curse my bashful, adoring stare...

I meant to hum along and tell you, everything
I heard in your voice was enchanting in the least, and
I couldn't stand to pause the song
for my ears had never been so pleased.

In your life, you need me?
There's no limit you would wait?
disbelief that you spoke it first,
every word exactly, I meant to relate.

Like the ocean tumbles over; the echoing, the roar...
you fill up something in me, as if
you are endless, I would need no more.

The salt, the crashing, the distance
that my eyes could never fathom
are entities of what I lack, the
air of my adoration for you.

I see the gray I need, the clouds
 bright, beaming, dazzled purpose.
It is touched once, forever...
blue and continuously filling the seabed
I walk, rhythmic, safe & wanting.
You are my ocean.


and here is a picture to top it all off!
Check out this Gray. MAN, I love the intentional ALMOST lack of color in that pic!
photo credit :)


No comments:

Post a Comment