Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tis Any Day You Need it to be

A little scarring here and there
Add some frown lines.
I'm not happy in this moment
This movement I've allowed.
I keep doing this, circle of
trusting the wrong crowd.


I keep saying, it'll be different
next time, keep playing it real cool.
"I'm not gonna get head over heels,"
each time is the new rule.


When you talk to me, I count the time that slips away.
I always have less and less of you... when will
I hear an endless tick-tock play..?


There my sadness sits, just perched upon the ledge.
When poked and nudged and pushed around,
I stand proud and strong as a level-cut block of steel...
When edged close enough for the fall,
I plunge fast, try pulling up One ton of sinking keel.


I can barely lift my own strength anymore,
each descent takes me deeper.
I am tired, so tired of doing this on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment