Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Phun Phacts Phor Phriday!

I just randomly decided to look up types of phobias. 
And guess what? There are some phunky ones out there.


Check my findings...
Allodoxaphobia- Fear of opinions. (REALLY.)
Alektorophobia- Fear of chickens.
Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth. (Yeah, you read that right.)
Phobophobia- Fear of phobias (heehee)
Pteronophobia- Fear of being tickled by feathers (pfff)



Don't judge me.. but I don't think this one is so wrong...

Automatonophobia- Fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, 
wax statues - anything that falsely represents a sentient being.



THIS IS WRONG: Bibliophobia- Fear of books


THIS IS RIGHT: Cacophobia- Fear of ugliness


Consecotaleophobia- Fear of chopsticks ... Say Whaaa?
Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns ... I FEAR that I have this. Ok I don't fear it. I just have it.
Odynophobia or Odynephobia- Fear of pain .... Don't judge :}
Decidophobia- Fear of making decisions ... Gawl-leeeeeee, I know a few people with this(Grrr...)


GET THIS....It's real YO! I checked...
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - Fear of long words... I'm not even kidding.


Now this hurts my heart, and is just. plain. blasphemy....Metrophobia- Fear or hatred of Poetry.
Philophobia- Fear of falling in love or being in love .... oh no! Sad!
Scriptophobia- Fear of writing in public.... uhh, okay.


Sophophobia- Fear of learning.... What a terrible thing to be informed that you have! ;) 
hahaha... oh I guess that's not so funny... but this is: Walloonphobia- Fear of the Walloons.
BTW, Walloons are French-speaking people who live in Belgium.

Yeah I'm lost, too.
Have an entertaining weekend!!
<3 bex

PS. The fear of redheads is real too... Gingerphobia
-_-

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm.
    i think the people at the dictionary just wanted to say they made up an official word for some of these....
    entertaining list though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks Mel, there were TONS of others that I could have ran with, but I didn't wanna bore EVERYone ;P Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete