Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Days!

Guess where I am!?

AT HOME! IN BED! ALL TOASTY & WARM!

It snowed like crazy yesterday, and so today I am at home avoiding the masses of traffic that are piled up everywhere. NOT ONLY did it snow, but the temp dropped and iced everything over. Too bad we live in the wettest part of the state!

No one in this Peninsula area knows how to drive properly in these conditions, therefore this is what happens...
People park their cars along the side of the roads, IN MY WAY, because they didn't think it was a bad idea to take a joyride during a snowstorm, last night. Or because they didn't THINK. And I'm not just being vent-y because I've been out in it, driving my parents around with my 4wheel-drive, but HONESTLY these are people trying to rush to the mall who just are in the way; not the good people who are just trying to get home to make dinner for their families. Don't even get me started on the story regarding my 2 hour trip from Wal-Mart to home, WHICH IS LESS THAN 3 miles MIGHT-I-ADD.
ALSO another crazy thing I saw (that I didn't get a chance to take a picture of, because I'm a safe driver ;)) ...was a school bus stopped and parked on the right side of the highway because it couldn't make it up the hill. Kinda sad- those school buses were picking up stranded people on the roads...then the bus got stuck... is that IRONY?

Anywho here's some more snow pictures :)

 Here's my Tawny girl in the snow. I was the last to leave work yesterday. :) This was just at 1:30pm....!

And this is the inside of my jeep, looking out to my windshield. I had to get back out carefully and scrape the windows off with a FLIP FLOP I happened to have in the very back of my Jeep, HAH!
Ingenious? I think so.

Please be safe out there, you monsters!!!
xoxo, bex

No comments:

Post a Comment