Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Anti-DryWater

I think I'm dying. I haven't had espresso in a week. My stomach is cursing and turning and I am all dried up inside even though Im drinking water. Maybe that's the problem though: this Ohio water feels dry even.

Folks, last week my grandma died. I haven't posted this anywhere but here - and just now. My twitter & Facebook account are not places I wish to discuss that. I'm not one of those FB people that whines about every motion their life feels. I don't want pity condolences & I don't want people that I haven't seen forever to write me a virtual note of apology. What is that? I just want a hug, or someone to drop by & have a conversation with me. What happened to sincerity?

My grandma just wanted me to have conversations with her. She'd even run her fingers through my hair to relax me, if I sat with her long enough. Her rest won't be long; when she wakes up she'll be fresh & young & beautiful all over again. And happy. Isn't that something? She made me happy :)

Love your grandparents, learn from them while you have them. Understand that if they are cranky, they probably have a good reason & may be in actual pain. They have seen a great deal. Be patient, listen to what they may be trying to say, if they are not able to say it.

Enjoy your week, kittens.

Xoxo,
Bex.

2 comments:

  1. I heard about your grandma,and that you were here. I'm sorry you lost someone who loved you so much and you loved equally in return; I lost my grandparents years ago...and most of my family for that matter. I stop by here every now and then to see how you are,kind of my way of monitoring your growth into an amazing woman. You're beautiful, eloquent and seem to have mastered the art of living a meaningful life...your grandma was no doubt proud of you, I would venture to say you were one of her greatest accomplishments. :) This is not a virtual note of condolence, just a note to let you know I am here, though distantly, so you know you are not forgotten. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie.... This made my day. Thank you so so much. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete